CS/SB 1598: Education
GENERAL BILL by Education ; Brandes ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Perry
Education; Authorizing the Department of Corrections to contract with charter schools to provide education services to the Correctional Education Program; creating the Schools of Excellence Program; providing additional authority and responsibilities to the principal of a School of Excellence; authorizing certain high school educational facilities to be located on a public or private postsecondary institution campus under certain circumstances, etc.
Last Action: 5/5/2017 Senate - Died in Appropriations, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 7069 (Ch. 2017-116)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Education (ED)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Pre-K - 12 Education (AED)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Education; Appropriations Subcommittee on Pre-K - 12 Education; Appropriations -SJ 206
• Introduced -SJ 206
• On Committee agenda-- Education, 04/03/17, 1:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Education; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 299
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Education read 1st time -SJ 305
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Pre-K - 12 Education -SJ 299
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Pre-K - 12 Education, 04/18/17, 1:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: CS/CS by Appropriations Subcommittee on Pre-K - 12 Education; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 443
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 443
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 05/01/17, 8:00 am, 412 Knott Building --Not Considered
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Appropriations, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 7069 (Ch. 2017-116)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.