CS/CS/HB 435: International Financial Institutions
GENERAL BILL by Commerce Committee ; Insurance and Banking Subcommittee ; Raulerson ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Moraitis
International Financial Institutions; Revises requirements for confidential books & records of financial institutions that must be made available for inspection & examination; revises applicability of the financial institutions codes as to international banking corporations; revises requirements for carrying on financial institution business; provides requirements for carrying on international financial business; provides requirements relating to international trust company representative offices, including licensure, recordkeeping, representative offices, permissible activities, liability, claims, & fees; provides requirements relating to qualified limited service affiliates of international trust entities, including permissible activities, registration, recordkeeping, & examinations; provides responsibilities of OFR & FSC.
Last Action: 6/12/2017 - Chapter No. 2017-83, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 437 (Ch. 2017-84)
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; Government Operations and Technology Appropriations Subcommittee; Commerce Committee -HJ 60
• Introduced -HJ 60
• On Committee agenda-- Insurance and Banking Subcommittee, 03/20/17, 12:00 pm, Sumner Hall
• CS by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 407
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 399
• Now in Government Operations and Technology Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 450
• On Committee agenda-- Government Operations and Technology Appropriations Subcommittee, 04/04/17, 8:00 am, Morris Hall
• Favorable by Government Operations and Technology Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 564
• Now in Commerce Committee -HJ 564
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce Committee, 04/19/17, 8:00 am, Webster Hall
• CS/CS by- Commerce Committee; YEAS 23 NAYS 0 -HJ 786
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 784
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/25/17
• CS/CS by Commerce Committee read 1st time -HJ 777
• Read 2nd time -HJ 833, 834
• Amendment(s) adopted (724823) -HJ 834, 836
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 875, 876
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 117 NAYS 0 -HJ 876
• In Messages
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government; Appropriations; Rules -SJ 485
• Received -SJ 485
• Withdrawn from Banking and Insurance; Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government; Appropriations; Rules -SJ 631
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 631
• Substituted for CS/CS/SB 736 -SJ 631
• Read 2nd time -SJ 631
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 720
• CS passed; YEAS 36 NAYS 0 -SJ 721
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 1099
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2017-83, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 437 (Ch. 2017-84)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.