CS/HB 6549: Relief/Altavious Carter and Dustin Reinhardt/Palm Beach County School Board
CLAIMS/LOCAL BILL by Civil Justice and Claims Subcommittee ; Diaz, J.
Relief/Altavious Carter and Dustin Reinhardt/Palm Beach County School Board; Providing for an appropriation to compensate Altavious Carter for injuries sustained as a result of the negligence of a bus driver of the Palm Beach County School District; providing for an appropriation and annuity to compensate Dustin Reinhardt for injuries sustained as a result of the negligence of employees of the Palm Beach County School District; providing a limitation on the payment of compensation, fees, and costs, etc. CLAIM: $5,490,000
• Introduced -HJ 249
• Referred to Civil Justice and Claims Subcommittee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 354
• On Committee agenda-- Civil Justice and Claims Subcommittee, 03/20/17, 3:30 pm, Sumner Hall
• CS by Civil Justice and Claims Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 1 -HJ 428
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Civil Justice and Claims Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 421
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 450
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 03/30/17, 9:00 am, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by- Judiciary Committee; YEAS 15 NAYS 2 -HJ 522
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 522
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/25/17
• Read 2nd time -HJ 847
• Amendment(s) adopted (970685) -HJ 847
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 892
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 115 NAYS 3 -HJ 892
• In Messages
• Referred to Appropriations -SJ 497
• Received -SJ 497
• Withdrawn from Appropriations -SJ 535
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 535
• Substituted for CS/CS/SB 304 -SJ 535
• Read 2nd time -SJ 535
• Amendment(s) adopted (692978) -SJ 535
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 591
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 31 NAYS 5 -SJ 591
• In returning messages
• Concurred in 1 amendment(s) (692978) -HJ 1096, 1097
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 117 NAYS 2 -HJ 1097
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -HJ 1097
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2017-230
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.