CS/CS/HB 7073: Government Integrity
GENERAL BILL by Government Accountability Committee ; Appropriations Committee ; Public Integrity and Ethics Committee ; Metz
Government Integrity; Creates Florida Accountability Office; provides duties & responsibilities of Florida Accountability Officer; provides investigative duties to Chief Inspector General & agency inspectors general; requires report to the CFO within specified timeframe; provides liability; authorizes CFO to commence investigation on complaint from state employee; requires certain records be sent to Florida Accountability Officer; requires agency inspectors general to make certain reports; authorizes & provides requirements for whistle-blower awards; requires specific documentation for certain legal claims; provides requirements for certain contracts; prohibits certain employees from negotiating & awarding state contracts; revises list of contractual services & commodities not subject to competitive-solicitation requirements; prohibits certain funds be paid to state contractor or subcontractor; provides school board member shall receive certain documents upon request; requires certain school districts employ internal auditor; provides duties of such auditor; authorizes Office of the Auditor General to use carryforward funds to fund Florida Accountability Office.
Last Action: 3/10/2018 Senate - Died in Messages, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/CS/HB 1279 (Ch. 2018-5)
Bill Text: PDF
• Introduced -HJ 489
• Referred to Appropriations Committee; Government Accountability Committee
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Committee, 02/14/18, 9:00 am, Webster Hall
• CS by Appropriations Committee; YEAS 24 NAYS 0 -HJ 596
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Appropriations Committee read 1st time -HJ 593
• Now in Government Accountability Committee -HJ 614
• On Committee agenda-- Government Accountability Committee, 02/22/18, 9:00 am, Morris Hall
• CS/CS by- Government Accountability Committee; YEAS 21 NAYS 0 -HJ 672
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 670
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/28/18
• CS/CS by Government Accountability Committee read 1st time -HJ 668
• Read 2nd time -HJ 707, 708
• Amendment(s) adopted (019497, 286273, 652005) -HJ 708
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 735
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 114 NAYS 0 -HJ 735
• In Messages
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Messages, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/CS/HB 1279 (Ch. 2018-5)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.