SB 230: Voter Registration Maintenance
GENERAL BILL by Gruters
Voter Registration Maintenance; Requiring supervisors of elections to enter into agreements with clerks of the circuit courts to receive specified information; requiring the Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles to furnish monthly to the Department of State a list of persons who identified themselves as aliens; requiring the Department of State to compare the list with the statewide voter registration system and provide the names of registered voters who are aliens to the supervisors of elections of the counties in which the voters are registered, etc.
Last Action: 5/3/2019 Senate - Died in Appropriations
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Ethics and Elections (EE)
- Infrastructure and Security (IS)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Ethics and Elections; Infrastructure and Security; Appropriations -SJ 50
• Introduced -SJ 50
• On Committee agenda-- Ethics and Elections, 03/20/19, 4:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Ethics and Elections; YEAS 4 NAYS 3 -SJ 255
• Now in Infrastructure and Security
• On Committee agenda-- Infrastructure and Security, 04/09/19, 10:00 am, 110 Senate Building
• Favorable by Infrastructure and Security; YEAS 5 NAYS 3 -SJ 342
• Now in Appropriations
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Appropriations
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.