CS/HB 6517: Relief/Robert Allan Smith/Orange County
CLAIMS/LOCAL BILL by Judiciary Committee ; McClure
Relief/Robert Allan Smith/Orange County; Provides for appropriation to compensate Robert Allan Smith for injuries sustained as result of negligence of Orange County employee; provides legislative intent regarding lien interests held by state; provides limitation on payment of fees & costs. CLAIM: $750,000
• Referred to Civil Justice Subcommittee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 271
• Introduced -HJ 271
• On Committee agenda-- Civil Justice Subcommittee, 03/25/19, 3:00 pm, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by Civil Justice Subcommittee; YEAS 15 NAYS 0 -HJ 522
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 522
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 04/03/19, 9:00 am, Sumner Hall
• CS by- Judiciary Committee; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -HJ 584
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Judiciary Committee read 1st time -HJ 582
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 597
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/17/19
• Read 2nd time -HJ 712
• Read 3rd time -HJ 712
• CS passed; YEAS 113 NAYS 1 -HJ 713
• In Messages
• Referred to Judiciary; Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Rules -SJ 400
• Received -SJ 399
• Withdrawn from Judiciary; Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Rules -SJ 651
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Substituted for CS/CS/SB 34 -SJ 651
• Read 2nd time -SJ 651
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 848
• CS passed; YEAS 34 NAYS 3 -SJ 848
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 1157
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2019-187
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.