CS/SB 1030: Public Records/Vessel Title or Registration/Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles
PUBLIC RECORDS/GENERAL BILL by Infrastructure and Security ; Stargel
Public Records/Vessel Title or Registration/Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles; Creating public records exemptions for certain information contained in any record that pertains to a vessel title or vessel registration issued by the Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles; providing exemptions from public records requirements for electronic mail addresses and cellular telephone numbers collected by the department; providing for future legislative review and repeal of the exemptions; providing statements of public necessity, etc.
Last Action: 3/14/2020 Senate - Died in Governmental Oversight and Accountability, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 7001 (Ch. 2020-48)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Infrastructure and Security (IS)
- Governmental Oversight and Accountability (GO)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Infrastructure and Security; Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Rules -SJ 77
• Introduced -SJ 77
• On Committee agenda-- Infrastructure and Security, 01/21/20, 4:30 pm, 110 Senate Building
• CS by Infrastructure and Security; YEAS 6 NAYS 1 -SJ 191
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Governmental Oversight and Accountability
• CS by Infrastructure and Security read 1st time -SJ 196
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Accountability, 02/10/20, 1:30 pm, 301 Senate Building --Temporarily Postponed
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Governmental Oversight and Accountability, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 7001 (Ch. 2020-48)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.