CS/HB 1079: City of Jacksonville, Duval County
LOCAL BILL by Local Administration Subcommittee ; Fischer
City of Jacksonville, Duval County; Provides for elected superintendent of schools; specifies term limits for superintendent of schools; provides requirements for referendum; authorizes the superintendent in office at the time the charter amendment becomes effective to remain in office under certain circumstances.
Last Action: 3/14/2020 House - Died in PreK-12 Innovation Subcommittee
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Local Administration Subcommittee; PreK-12 Innovation Subcommittee; State Affairs Committee -HJ 94
• Introduced -HJ 94
• On Committee agenda-- Local Administration Subcommittee, 01/22/20, 9:30 am, Webster Hall
• CS by Local Administration Subcommittee; YEAS 7 NAYS 4 -HJ 422
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Local Administration Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 419
• Now in PreK-12 Innovation Subcommittee -HJ 432
• On Committee agenda-- PreK-12 Innovation Subcommittee, 01/28/20, 3:30 pm, Reed Hall --Temporarily Postponed
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in PreK-12 Innovation Subcommittee
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.