CS/CS/HB 1081: Substance Abuse and Mental Health
GENERAL BILL by Health and Human Services Committee ; Children, Families and Seniors Subcommittee ; Stevenson ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Webb
Substance Abuse and Mental Health; Provides additional duties for Statewide Office for Suicide Prevention & Suicide Prevention Coordinating Counsel; revises composition of council; expands definition of "mental illness" to provide certain exclusions; revises entities that are exempt from certain licensing requirements; authorizes jails to share medical information pertaining to specified defendants to DCF; requires maintenance of psychotropic medications to specified defendants.
Last Action: 3/10/2020 House - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/SB 7012 (Ch. 2020-39) -HJ 1070
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Children, Families and Seniors Subcommittee; Health Care Appropriations Subcommittee; Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 94
• Introduced -HJ 94
• PCS on Committee agenda-- Children, Families and Seniors Subcommittee, 01/29/20, 9:00 am, 12 HOB
• CS by Children, Families and Seniors Subcommittee; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -HJ 478
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Children, Families and Seniors Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 476
• Now in Health Care Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 482
• On Committee agenda-- Health Care Appropriations Subcommittee, 02/11/20, 1:30 pm, Reed Hall
• Favorable by Health Care Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -HJ 550
• Now in Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 550
• On Committee agenda-- Health and Human Services Committee, 02/18/20, 3:00 pm, Morris Hall
• CS/CS by- Health and Human Services Committee; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -HJ 629
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS/CS by Health and Human Services Committee read 1st time -HJ 625
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 638
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/SB 7012 (Ch. 2020-39) -HJ 1070
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.