SB 1570: Division of Library and Information Services
GENERAL BILL by Perry
Division of Library and Information Services; Removing the date by which the division must submit an annual report regarding the allocation of library funding to the Chief Financial Officer; revising the duties and responsibilities of the division in the administration of the Florida State Archives; revising the duties and responsibilities of the division in the administration of the records and information management program; removing a limitation on the annual grant amount that the administrative unit of a library cooperative may receive from the state for purposes of sharing library resources, etc.
Last Action: 3/14/2020 Senate - Died in Appropriations
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development; Appropriations -SJ 118
• Introduced -SJ 117
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Accountability, 02/03/20, 1:30 pm, 301 Senate Building
• Favorable by Governmental Oversight and Accountability; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 228
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development, 02/13/20, 12:30 pm, 110 Senate Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: Favorable by Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 326
• Now in Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 03/03/20, 1:00 pm, 412 Knott Building --Temporarily Postponed
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Appropriations
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.