CS/SB 426: Economic Development
Economic Development; Revising the responsibilities of divisions within the Department of Economic Opportunity; specifying that the concept of building the professional capacity of a regional economic development organization includes the hiring of professional staff to perform specified services; revising the maximum percentage of total infrastructure project costs for which the department may award grants; replacing CareerSource Florida, Inc., with the state board or the department in provisions relating to the implementation of the federal Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act, etc.
Last Action: 3/11/2020 Senate - Ordered enrolled -SJ 845
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Commerce and Tourism; Innovation, Industry, and Technology; Appropriations -SJ 33
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce and Tourism, 11/05/19, 10:00 am, 110 Senate Building
• Favorable by Commerce and Tourism; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 132
• Now in Innovation, Industry, and Technology
• On Committee agenda-- Innovation, Industry, and Technology, 12/09/19, 1:30 pm, 110 Senate Building
• Favorable by Innovation, Industry, and Technology; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 131
• Now in Appropriations
• Introduced -SJ 33
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 01/23/20, 10:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -SJ 191
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 193
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/04/20 -SJ 411
• Read 2nd time -SJ 382
• Amendment(s) adopted (606568) -SJ 399
• Ordered engrossed -SJ 399
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 450
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 451
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 1000
• Received -HJ 1000
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/10/20
• Read 2nd time -HJ 1062
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 1121
• CS passed; YEAS 118 NAYS 0 -HJ 1121
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 845
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.