CS/CS/HB 445: Military Service Educational Opportunities
GENERAL BILL by Education Committee ; PreK-12 Innovation Subcommittee ; Sirois ; Gregory ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Altman ; Overdorf ; Smith, D.
Military Service Educational Opportunities; Revises student enrollment preferences relating to certain military transfers; & revises calculation of school grades by specified date to include students who earned specified score on Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery (ASVAB).
Last Action: 3/9/2020 House - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/CS/SB 662 (Ch. 2020-75) -HJ 995
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to PreK-12 Innovation Subcommittee; PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee; Education Committee -HJ 37
• Introduced -HJ 37
• On Committee agenda-- PreK-12 Innovation Subcommittee, 02/04/20, 8:00 am, Reed Hall
• CS by PreK-12 Innovation Subcommittee; YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -HJ 507
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by PreK-12 Innovation Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 496
• Original reference(s) removed: PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee
• CS referred to Education Committee -HJ 524
• Now in Education Committee -HJ 524
• On Committee agenda-- Education Committee, 02/12/20, 10:00 am, Reed Hall
• CS/CS by- Education Committee; YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -HJ 581
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 581
• CS/CS by Education Committee read 1st time -HJ 578
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/CS/SB 662 (Ch. 2020-75) -HJ 995
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.