HB 7103: Education
GENERAL BILL by Education Committee ; Sullivan ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Duggan ; Eagle ; Fischer ; Zika
Education; Revising student requirements for entrance into certain teacher preparation programs; prohibiting costs associated with certain solar energy systems from being included in certain cost per student station limitations; requiring the Florida High School Athletic Association (FHSAA) to allow certain schools and home education cooperatives to maintain full membership in the association or join by sport; requiring the Commissioner of Education to submit a report to specified entities by December 1, 2020, on the feasibility of implementing a certain program, etc.
Last Action: 3/14/2020 Senate - Died in Education, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 81 (Ch. 2020-79), HB 641 (Ch. 2020-94), CS/HB 7067 (Ch. 2020-95), CS/SB 434 (Ch. 2020-74)
Bill Text: PDF
- Education (ED)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Introduced -HJ 679
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 693
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/06/20
• Temporarily postponed, on 2nd Reading -HJ 846
• Read 2nd time -HJ 882
• Amendment(s) adopted (029327, 047307, 092021, 103343, 516711) -HJ 882, 891
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 963
• Amendment(s) failed (340345) -HJ 963, 965
• Amendment(s) adopted (329777) -HJ 965, 966
• Temporarily postponed, on 3rd Reading -HJ 966
• Passed as amended; YEAS 86 NAYS 32 -HJ 994
• In Messages
• Referred to Education; Appropriations -SJ 659
• Received -SJ 658
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Education, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 81 (Ch. 2020-79), HB 641 (Ch. 2020-94), CS/HB 7067 (Ch. 2020-95), CS/SB 434 (Ch. 2020-74)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.