HB 641: Funds for the Operation of Schools
GENERAL BILL by Plasencia ; Overdorf
Funds for the Operation of Schools; Revising the annual allocation to school districts to include an additional calculation of full-time equivalent membership for students who earn a College Board Advanced Placement Capstone Diploma beginning in a specified fiscal year; creating the teacher salary increase allocation; prohibiting a school district or charter school from reducing the base minimum salary; deleting the Florida Best and Brightest Allocation, etc.
• Referred to PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee; Education Committee; Appropriations Committee -HJ 52
• On Committee agenda-- PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee, 01/16/20, 9:00 am, Reed Hall
• Introduced -HJ 52
• Favorable by PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -HJ 411
• Now in Education Committee -HJ 411
• On Committee agenda-- Education Committee, 01/23/20, 12:00 pm, Reed Hall
• Favorable by Education Committee; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -HJ 434
• Now in Appropriations Committee -HJ 434
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Committee, 01/29/20, 12:30 pm, Webster Hall
• Favorable by- Appropriations Committee; YEAS 29 NAYS 0 -HJ 471
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 471
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/06/20
• Read 2nd time -HJ 866
• Amendment(s) adopted (175779) -HJ 866
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 957
• Passed as amended; YEAS 119 NAYS 0 -HJ 957
• In Messages
• Referred to Education; Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; Appropriations -SJ 553
• Received -SJ 553
• Withdrawn from Education; Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; Appropriations -SJ 723
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Substituted for SB 836 -SJ 723
• Read 2nd time -SJ 723
• Temporarily postponed -SJ 723
• Retained on Special Order Calendar -SJ 724
• Amendment(s) adopted (183008) -SJ 772
• Amendment(s) reconsidered, withdrawn (679870) -SJ 845
• Amendment(s) reconsidered, adopted (183008) -SJ 845
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 858
• Passed as amended; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 858
• In returning messages
• Concurred in 1 amendment(s) (183008) -HJ 1225, 1227
• Passed as amended; YEAS 112 NAYS 0 -HJ 1228
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -HJ 1228
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2020-94
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.