CS/CS/SB 1574: Citizens Property Insurance Corporation
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Banking and Insurance ; Brandes
Citizens Property Insurance Corporation; Revising the method for determining the amounts of potential surcharges to be levied against policyholders under certain circumstances; specifying a limit for agent commission rates; providing that eligible surplus lines insurers may participate, in the same manner and on the same terms as an authorized insurer, in depopulation, take-out, or keep-out programs relating to policies removed from Citizens Property Insurance Corporation, etc.
Last Action: 4/20/2021 Senate - CS/CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 484
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Appropriations Subcommittee on Agriculture, Environment, and General Government; Appropriations -SJ 151
• Introduced -SJ 150
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 03/16/21, 9:30 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Banking and Insurance; YEAS 11 NAYS 1 -SJ 271
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Agriculture, Environment, and General Government
• CS by Banking and Insurance read 1st time -SJ 277
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Agriculture, Environment, and General Government, 04/08/21, 11:30 am, 110 Senate Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: CS/CS by Appropriations Subcommittee on Agriculture, Environment, and General Government; YEAS 10 NAYS 1 -SJ 465
• Now in Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/19/21, 10:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 12 NAYS 5 -SJ 472
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS/CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 484
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.