CS/SB 1002: DNA Evidence Collected in Sexual Offense Investigations
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Stewart
DNA Evidence Collected in Sexual Offense Investigations; Citing this act as "Gail's Law"; requiring the Department of Law Enforcement, by a specified date and subject to legislative appropriation, to create and maintain a statewide database for tracking sexual offense evidence kits; providing database requirements; requiring the department to ensure that alleged sexual offense victims and certain other persons receive specified notice and instructions and be informed that they are entitled to access information regarding such kits and evidence, etc.
Last Action: 4/26/2021 Senate - Laid on Table, refer to CS/CS/HB 673 -SJ 706
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Criminal Justice; Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice; Appropriations -SJ 108
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 03/02/21, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Building
• Introduced -SJ 107
• Favorable by Criminal Justice; YEAS 7 NAYS 1 -SJ 190
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice, 04/08/21, 11:30 am, 37 Senate Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: CS by Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 465
• Now in Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/19/21, 10:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 20 NAYS 0 -SJ 472
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 478
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/26/21 -SJ 721
• Read 2nd time -SJ 706
• Substituted CS/CS/HB 673 -SJ 706
• Laid on Table, refer to CS/CS/HB 673 -SJ 706
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.