CS/SB 1120: Telephone Solicitation
Telephone Solicitation; Prohibiting certain telephonic sales calls without the prior express written consent of the called party; removing provisions authorizing the use of certain automated telephone dialing systems; providing a cause of action for aggrieved called parties; prohibiting a commercial telephone seller or salesperson from using automated dialing or recorded messages to make certain commercial telephone solicitation phone calls, etc.
• Referred to Commerce and Tourism; Regulated Industries; Rules -SJ 118
• Introduced -SJ 118
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce and Tourism, 03/09/21, 12:30 pm, 110 Senate Building
• Favorable by Commerce and Tourism; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -SJ 191
• Now in Regulated Industries
• On Committee agenda-- Regulated Industries, 03/23/21, 3:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Regulated Industries; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 313
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Rules
• CS by Regulated Industries read 1st time -SJ 318
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 04/20/21, 8:30 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -SJ 472
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/22/21 -SJ 642
• Read 2nd time -SJ 617
• Amendment(s) adopted (826808) -SJ 617
• Read 3rd time -SJ 617
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 617
• In Messages
• Bill referred to House Calendar
• Bill added to Special Order Calendar (4/27/2021)
• 1st Reading (Engrossed 1)
• Read 2nd time
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Added to Third Reading Calendar
• Read 3rd time
• CS passed; YEAS 115, NAYS 0
• Message sent to senate
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 845
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2021-185
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.