SB 146: Civic Literacy Education
GENERAL BILL by Brandes
Civic Literacy Education; Requiring the Commissioner of Education to develop criteria for a civic literacy practicum that meets certain goals beginning in a specified school year; authorizing time spent on specified civic engagement activities to count toward requirements for certain scholarships and academic awards; establishing the Citizen Scholar Program within the University of South Florida, etc.
Last Action: 11/12/2021 Senate - Veto Message referred to Rules -SJ 4
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Education; Appropriations -SJ 48
• On Committee agenda-- Education, 02/03/21, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Education; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 175
• Now in Appropriations
• Introduced -SJ 48
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 03/11/21, 11:30 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Appropriations; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -SJ 247
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/18/21 -SJ 270
• Read 2nd time -SJ 269
• Read 3rd time -SJ 269
• Passed; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 269
• Immediately certified -SJ 270
• In Messages
• Bill referred to House Calendar
• Bill added to Special Order Calendar (3/31/2021)
• 1st Reading (Original Filed Version)
• Amendment 100821 filed
• Substituted for CS/HB 611
• Read 2nd time
• Amendment 100821 adopted
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Added to Third Reading Calendar
• Read 3rd time
• Passed as amended; YEAS 114, NAYS 0
• In returning messages
• Message sent to senate
• Concurred in 1 amendment(s) (100821) -SJ 796
• Passed as amended; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 796
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -SJ 796
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Vetoed by Governor
• Veto Message received (2021 Special Session B) -SJ 3
• Veto Message referred to Rules -SJ 4
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.