CS/CS/SB 368: Elder-focused Dispute Resolution Process
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Judiciary ; Baxley
Elder-focused Dispute Resolution Process; Authorizing the courts to appoint an eldercaring coordinator and refer certain parties and elders to eldercaring coordination; prohibiting the courts from referring certain parties to eldercaring coordination without the consent of the elder and other parties to the action; specifying the duration of eldercaring coordinator appointments; requiring the courts to conduct intermittent review hearings regarding the conclusion or extension of such appointments; requiring the Florida Supreme Court to establish certain minimum standards and procedures for eldercaring coordinators, etc.
Last Action: 4/26/2021 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 441 (Ch. 2021-67) -SJ 674
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; Judiciary; Appropriations -SJ 62
• On Committee agenda-- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs, 02/03/21, 9:00 am, 37 Senate Building
• Favorable by Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 177
• Now in Judiciary
• Introduced -SJ 62
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 03/15/21, 3:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Judiciary; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -SJ 271
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Appropriations
• CS by Judiciary read 1st time -SJ 274
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/21/21, 4:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 20 NAYS 0 -SJ 642
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/26/21 -SJ 720
• CS/CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 643
• Read 2nd time -SJ 674
• Substituted CS/CS/HB 441 -SJ 674
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 441 (Ch. 2021-67) -SJ 674
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.