CS/CS/SB 52: Postsecondary Education
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Education ; Rodrigues ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Baxley
Postsecondary Education; Revising grant specifications; requiring funds appropriated for the Florida Postsecondary Comprehensive Transition Program to only be used for certain grants as specifically authorized in the General Appropriations Act; renaming collegiate high school programs as early college programs; clarifying fee exemptions for the Department of Children and Families; establishing the Dual Enrollment Scholarship Program; providing for the reimbursement of tuition and costs to eligible postsecondary institutions; requiring students participating in dual enrollment programs to meet specified minimum eligibility requirements in order for institutions to receive reimbursements, etc.
Last Action: 6/28/2021 - Chapter No. 2021-160, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 5601 (Ch. 2021-46), CS/CS/SB 1028 (Ch. 2021-35)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Education (ED)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Education (AED)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Education; Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; Appropriations -SJ 38
• On Committee agenda-- Education, 01/26/21, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Education; YEAS 7 NAYS 3 -SJ 177
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Education
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Education, 02/09/21, 2:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: CS/CS by Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; YEAS 6 NAYS 3 -SJ 179
• Now in Appropriations
• Introduced -SJ 38
• CS by Education read 1st time -SJ 160
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 03/11/21, 11:30 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 11 NAYS 7 -SJ 248
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/18/21 -SJ 270
• CS/CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 248
• Read 2nd time -SJ 263
• Amendment(s) adopted (214312) -SJ 263
• Ordered engrossed -SJ 263
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 291
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 26 NAYS 14 -SJ 291
• Immediately certified -SJ 311
• In Messages
• Bill referred to House Calendar
• Bill added to Special Order Calendar (4/27/2021)
• 1st Reading (Engrossed 1)
• Read 2nd time
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Added to Third Reading Calendar
• Read 3rd time
• CS passed; YEAS 83, NAYS 32
• Message sent to senate
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 844
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2021-160, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 5601 (Ch. 2021-46), CS/CS/SB 1028 (Ch. 2021-35)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.