CS/SB 590: School Safety
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Harrell
School Safety; Revising parent, guardian, or caregiver notification requirements that must be met before an involuntary examination of a minor; requiring a principal or his or her designee who successfully notifies any known emergency contact to share only the information necessary to alert such contact that the parent or caregiver must be contacted; requiring codes of student conduct to include provisions relating to civil citation or similar prearrest diversion programs for specified purposes; revising training requirements for school safety officers, etc.
• Referred to Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; Education; Appropriations -SJ 77
• On Committee agenda-- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs, 02/16/21, 9:00 am, 37 Senate Building
• Favorable by Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 176
• Now in Education
• Introduced -SJ 77
• On Committee agenda-- Education, 03/30/21, 8:30 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Education; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 324
• Now in Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/19/21, 10:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -SJ 472
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 475
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/22/21 -SJ 642
• Read 2nd time -SJ 585
• Amendment(s) adopted (227004, 603772, 693672) -SJ 585, 586, 587
• Read 3rd time -SJ 587
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 587
• In Messages
• Bill referred to House Calendar
• Bill added to Special Order Calendar (4/26/2021)
• 1st Reading (Engrossed 1)
• Read 2nd time
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Added to Third Reading Calendar
• Read 3rd time
• CS passed; YEAS 116, NAYS 0
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 745
• Message sent to senate
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2021-176
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.