CS/CS/SB 726: Individual Education Plan Requirements for Students with Disabilities
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Education ; Taddeo
Individual Education Plan Requirements for Students with Disabilities; Revising the timeline for the development and implementation of an individual education plan (IEP) for transition services for a student with disabilities to a postsecondary education and career opportunities; revising the requirements for an IEP for the transitions to a postsecondary education and career opportunities; requiring certain information to be provided at IEP meetings; requiring the Department of Education, in conjunction with the Project 10: Transition Education Network, to conduct a review of specified services and programs, etc.
Last Action: 4/22/2021 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 173 (Ch. 2021-142) -SJ 583
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Education; Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; Appropriations -SJ 89
• Introduced -SJ 89
• On Committee agenda-- Education, 03/09/21, 3:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Education; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 239
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Education
• CS by Education read 1st time -SJ 241
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Education, 03/17/21, 3:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: CS/CS by Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 272
• Now in Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/19/21, 10:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 20 NAYS 0 -SJ 472
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS/CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 476
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/22/21 -SJ 642
• Read 2nd time -SJ 583
• Substituted CS/CS/HB 173 -SJ 583
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 173 (Ch. 2021-142) -SJ 583
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.