SB 728: Credit for Reinsurance
GENERAL BILL by Broxson
Credit for Reinsurance; Transferring specified authority and duties relating to credit for reinsurance from the Commissioner of Insurance to the Office of Insurance Regulation; revising the attorney designation requirement in reinsurance agreements with certain assuming insurers under certain circumstances; specifying requirements for assuming insurers and reinsurance agreements; authorizing a ceding insurer or its representative that is subject to rehabilitation, liquidation, or conservation to seek a certain court order; providing construction, etc.
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Judiciary; Rules -SJ 89
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 02/16/21, 3:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Banking and Insurance; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -SJ 177
• Now in Judiciary
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 03/02/21, 1:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Introduced -SJ 89
• Favorable by Judiciary; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -SJ 191
• Now in Rules
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 03/18/21, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building --Not Considered
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 03/25/21, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 16 NAYS 1 -SJ 324
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/01/21 -SJ 341
• Read 2nd time -SJ 336
• Read 3rd time -SJ 336
• Passed; YEAS 38 NAYS 1 -SJ 336
• Immediately certified -SJ 341
• In Messages
• Bill referred to House Calendar
• Bill added to Special Order Calendar (4/13/2021)
• 1st Reading (Original Filed Version)
• Substituted for HB 733
• Read 2nd time
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Added to Third Reading Calendar
• Read 3rd time
• Passed; YEAS 118, NAYS 0
• Message sent to senate
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 507
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2021-101
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.