CS/CS/SB 86: Student Financial Aid
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Education ; Baxley
Student Financial Aid; Requiring the Board of Governors of the State University System to create an online dashboard; requiring the procedures to include placing a hold on certain students’ registrations; requiring the Board of Governors, the State Board of Education, and the Independent Colleges and Universities of Florida to each approve, by a specified date, a list of career certificate and undergraduate and graduate degree programs that they determine do not lead directly to employment; revising the formula for calculating how Florida Public Student Assistance Grant Program funds are distributed, etc.
Last Action: 4/30/2021 House - Died in Messages; companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 1261 (Ch. 2021-232), CS/CS/SB 52 (Ch. 2021-160)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Education (ED)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Education (AED)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Education; Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; Appropriations -SJ 44
• Introduced -SJ 43
• On Committee agenda-- Education, 03/09/21, 3:30 pm, 412 Knott Building --Temporarily Postponed
• On Committee agenda-- Education, 03/16/21, 12:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Education; YEAS 5 NAYS 4 -SJ 271
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Education
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Education, 03/23/21, 10:30 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Education read 1st time -SJ 273
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Education, 03/24/21, 4:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: CS/CS by Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; YEAS 6 NAYS 3 -SJ 325
• Now in Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 03/31/21, 1:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/01/21, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 11 NAYS 8 -SJ 343
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/07/21 -SJ 378
• CS/CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 346
• Read 2nd time -SJ 369
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 395
• CS passed; YEAS 22 NAYS 18 -SJ 395
• Immediately certified -SJ 408
• In Messages
• Died in Messages; companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 1261 (Ch. 2021-232), CS/CS/SB 52 (Ch. 2021-160)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.