CS/SB 968: Public Records/Economic Development Agency
PUBLIC RECORDS/GENERAL BILL by Governmental Oversight and Accountability ; Gainer
Public Records/Economic Development Agency; Providing an exemption from public records requirements for certain information held by an economic development agency; providing that such information may be released in an aggregated and anonymized format; providing for future legislative review and repeal of the exemption; providing a statement of public necessity, etc.
Last Action: 4/21/2021 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 379 (Ch. 2021-23) -SJ 512
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Commerce and Tourism (CM)
- Governmental Oversight and Accountability (GO)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Commerce and Tourism; Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Rules -SJ 106
• Introduced -SJ 106
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce and Tourism, 03/09/21, 12:30 pm, 110 Senate Building
• Favorable by Commerce and Tourism; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -SJ 191
• Now in Governmental Oversight and Accountability
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Accountability, 03/31/21, 8:00 am, 37 Senate Building
• CS by Governmental Oversight and Accountability; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 343
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Rules
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 04/06/21, 9:30 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Governmental Oversight and Accountability read 1st time -SJ 350
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -SJ 378
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/14/21 -SJ 465
• Retained on Special Order Calendar -SJ 465
• Retained on Special Order Calendar -SJ 470
• Read 2nd time -SJ 512
• Substituted CS/HB 379 -SJ 512
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 379 (Ch. 2021-23) -SJ 512
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.