CS/SB 2-A: Implementation of the 2021 Gaming Compact Between the Seminole Tribe of Florida and the State of Florida
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Hutson
Implementation of the 2021 Gaming Compact Between the Seminole Tribe of Florida and the State of Florida; Providing for legislative approval and ratification of a gaming compact between the Seminole Tribe of Florida and the state; requiring the Governor to cooperate with the Tribe in seeking approval and ratification of such compact from the United States Secretary of the Interior; authorizing the Tribe to conduct additional games, contests, and sports betting; providing age requirements for fantasy sports contests and sports betting; providing conditions, requirements, and prohibitions relating to poker games played in a designated player manner, etc.
Last Action: 5/25/2021 - Approved by Governor
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Appropriations -SJ 2
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 05/17/21, 2:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Introduced -SJ 2
• CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 18 NAYS 1 -SJ 6
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 05/18/21 -SJ 13
• CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 4
• Read 2nd time -SJ 8
• Amendment(s) adopted (268092) -SJ 8
• Read 3rd time -SJ 9
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 38 NAYS 1 -SJ 9
• In Messages
• Amendment 750991 filed
• Amendment 829933 filed
• Bill referred to House Calendar
• Bill added to Special Order Calendar (5/19/2021)
• 1st Reading (Engrossed 1)
• Amendment 130873 filed
• Amendment 271787 filed
• Amendment 166527 filed
• Amendment 737115 filed
• Amendment 531571 filed late
• Read 2nd time
• Amendment 750991 ruled out of order
• Amendment 829933 No Action
• Amendment 130873 ruled out of order
• Amendment 271787 ruled out of order
• Amendment 166527 ruled out of order
• Amendment 737115 ruled out of order
• Amendment 531571 not allowed for consideration
• Read 3rd time
• CS passed; YEAS 97, NAYS 17
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 15
• Message sent to senate
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor -SJ 15
• Approved by Governor
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.