CS/SB 1016: Mortgage Payoff Letters
GENERAL BILL by Banking and Insurance ; Burgess
Mortgage Payoff Letters; Revising the timeframe within which a mortgagee or mortgage servicer must send or cause to be sent an estoppel letter containing specified information; requiring notice to the mortgagor of a request for an estoppel letter under certain circumstances; requiring a mortgagee or mortgage servicer to provide a copy of a corrected estoppel letter to a mortgagor under certain circumstances; providing that a corrected estoppel letter supersedes any previous estoppel letter under certain circumstances; prohibiting payments received pursuant to an estoppel letter from being returned and requiring such payments to be promptly applied to any unpaid balance of the loan properly due under or secured by a mortgage, etc.
Last Action: 3/14/2022 House - Died in Messages
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Judiciary; Rules -SJ 68
• Introduced -SJ 68
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 02/08/22, 3:00 pm, 37 Senate Building
• CS by Banking and Insurance; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -SJ 364
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Banking and Insurance read 1st time -SJ 365
• Original reference(s) removed: Judiciary
• Remaining references corrected to Rules -SJ 382
• Now in Rules
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 02/23/22, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -SJ 451
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/01/22 -SJ 484
• Retained on Special Order Calendar
• Read 2nd time -SJ 515
• Amendment(s) adopted (579878) -SJ 517
• Read 3rd time -SJ 518
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 518
• In Messages
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Messages
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.