CS/SB 1618: Restrictions on Employment
GENERAL BILL by Commerce and Tourism ; Broxson
Restrictions on Employment; Providing that restrictive covenants are only enforceable against a former employee, agent, or independent contractor who voluntarily resigned or was terminated for misconduct or failing to satisfy performance standards or goals; defining the term “misconduct”, etc.
Last Action: 3/14/2022 Senate - Died in Judiciary
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Commerce and Tourism (CM)
- Judiciary (JU)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Commerce and Tourism; Judiciary; Rules -SJ 140
• Introduced -SJ 140
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce and Tourism, 01/24/22, 3:00 pm, 110 Senate Building
• CS by Commerce and Tourism; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 218
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Judiciary
• CS by Commerce and Tourism read 1st time -SJ 223
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Judiciary
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.