CS/SB 186: Citizens Property Insurance Corporation
GENERAL BILL by Banking and Insurance ; Brandes
Citizens Property Insurance Corporation; Requiring, rather than authorizing, the corporation to use a single account under certain circumstances; requiring that policies assumed by the corporation from unsound insurers be charged a specified premium until certain conditions are met; providing certain exceptions, conditions, and requirements relating to such participation by a surplus lines insurer in the corporation’s depopulation, take-out, or keep-out programs; specifying that only the corporation’s transfer of a policy file to an insurer, as opposed to the transfer of any file, changes the file’s public record status, etc.
Last Action: 3/14/2022 Senate - Died in Appropriations
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Appropriations Subcommittee on Agriculture, Environment, and General Government; Appropriations -SJ 10
• Introduced -SJ 10
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 01/25/22, 3:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Banking and Insurance; YEAS 8 NAYS 2 -SJ 243
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Agriculture, Environment, and General Government
• CS by Banking and Insurance read 1st time -SJ 244
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Agriculture, Environment, and General Government, 02/16/22, 1:00 pm, 110 Senate Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: CS/CS by Appropriations Subcommittee on Agriculture, Environment, and General Government; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 433
• Now in Appropriations
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Appropriations
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.