CS/SB 290: Public School Student Progression for Students with Disabilities
GENERAL BILL by Education Pre-K -12 ; Jones ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Berman
Public School Student Progression for Students with Disabilities; Requiring comprehensive plans for student progression to provide for specified students with disabilities to be retained in prekindergarten at the discretion of a student’s parent; authorizing certain prekindergarten students to receive instruction in early literacy skills, rather than intensive reading interventions; requiring certain prekindergarten students to receive such instruction, etc.
- Education Pre-K -12 (ED)
- Appropriations Committee on Education (AED)
- Fiscal Policy (FP)
• Referred to Education Pre-K -12; Appropriations Committee on Education; Fiscal Policy
• On Committee agenda-- Education Pre-K -12, 03/14/23, 8:30 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Education Pre-K -12; YEAS 9 NAYS 0
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Appropriations Committee on Education
• CS by Education Pre-K -12 read 1st time
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Committee on Education, 03/21/23, 11:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Appropriations Committee on Education; YEAS 11 NAYS 0
• Now in Fiscal Policy
• On Committee agenda-- Fiscal Policy, 04/13/23, 10:30 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Fiscal Policy; YEAS 18 NAYS 0
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/19/23
• Read 2nd time -SJ 433
• Read 3rd time -SJ 433
• CS passed; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 433
• Immediately certified -SJ 438
• In Messages
• Bill referred to House Calendar
• Bill added to Special Order Calendar (5/2/2023)
• 1st Reading (Committee Substitute 1)
• Read 2nd time
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Added to Third Reading Calendar
• Read 3rd time
• CS passed; YEAS 113, NAYS 0
• Ordered enrolled
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2023-91
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.