CS/SB 626: Broadband Internet Service Providers
GENERAL BILL by Regulated Industries ; DiCeglie
Broadband Internet Service Providers; Specifying that the poles of rural electric cooperatives that are engaged in the provision of broadband are subject to regulation by the Public Service Commission; authorizing the commission to access the books and records of such cooperatives for specified purposes; providing that such information that contains proprietary confidential business information retains its confidential or exempt status when held by the commission; authorizing rural electric cooperatives to engage in the provision of broadband, etc.
Last Action: 4/26/2023 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 1221 (Ch. 2023-199) -SJ 501
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Regulated Industries; Commerce and Tourism; Rules
• On Committee agenda-- Regulated Industries, 03/07/23, 2:00 pm, 401 Senate Building
• CS by Regulated Industries; YEAS 10 NAYS 0
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Commerce and Tourism
• CS by Regulated Industries read 1st time
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce and Tourism, 03/27/23, 3:00 pm, 110 Senate Building
• Favorable by Commerce and Tourism; YEAS 9 NAYS 0
• Now in Rules
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 04/05/23, 11:00 am, 412 Knott Building --Temporarily Postponed
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 04/11/23, 8:30 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 19 NAYS 0
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/26/23
• Read 2nd time -SJ 501
• Substituted CS/HB 1221 -SJ 501
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 1221 (Ch. 2023-199) -SJ 501
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.