2004 Florida Statutes
Special elections and special primary elections.
100.101 Special elections and special primary elections.--Except as provided in s. 100.111(2), a special election or special primary election shall be held in the following cases:
(1) If no person has been elected at a general election to fill an office which was required to be filled by election at such general election.
(2) If a vacancy occurs in the office of state senator or member of the state house of representatives.
(3) If it is necessary to elect presidential electors, by reason of the offices of President and Vice President both having become vacant.
(4) If a vacancy occurs in the office of member from Florida of the House of Representatives of Congress.
(5) If a vacancy occurs in nomination.
History.--s. 4, ch. 3879, 1889; RS 158; s. 5, ch. 4328, 1895; GS 175; RGS 219; CGL 254; s. 4, ch. 26870, 1951; s. 12, ch. 77-175; s. 3, ch. 83-15.
Note.--Former s. 98.08.