2004 Florida Statutes
Electronic filing of campaign treasurer's reports.
(1) As used in this section, "electronic filing system" means an Internet system for recording and reporting campaign finance activity by reporting period.
(2)(a) Each candidate who is required to file reports pursuant to s. 106.07 with the division must file such reports with the division by means of the division's electronic filing system.
(b) Each political committee, committee of continuous existence, or state executive committee that is required to file reports with the division under s. 106.04, s. 106.07, or s. 106.29, as applicable, must file such reports with the division by means of the division's electronic filing system.
(c) Each person or organization that is required to file reports with the division under s. 106.071 must file such reports with the division by means of the division's electronic filing system.
(3) Reports filed pursuant to this section shall be completed and filed through the electronic filing system not later than midnight of the day designated. Reports not filed by midnight of the day designated are late filed and are subject to the penalties under s. 106.04(8), s. 106.07(8), or s. 106.29(3), as applicable.
(4) Each report filed pursuant to this section is considered to be under oath by the candidate and treasurer or the chair and treasurer, whichever is applicable, and such persons are subject to the provisions of s. 106.04(4)(d), s. 106.07(5), or s. 106.29(2), as applicable. Persons given a secure sign-on to the electronic filing system are responsible for protecting such from disclosure and are responsible for all filings using such credentials, unless they have notified the division that their credentials have been compromised.
(5) The electronic filing system developed by the division must:
(a) Be based on access by means of the Internet.
(b) Be accessible by anyone with Internet access using standard web-browsing software.
(c) Provide for direct entry of campaign finance information as well as upload of such information from campaign finance software certified by the division.
(d) Provide a method that prevents unauthorized access to electronic filing system functions.
(6) The division shall adopt rules pursuant to ss. 120.536(1) and 120.54 to administer this section and provide for the reports required to be filed pursuant to this section. Such rules shall, at a minimum, provide:
(a) Alternate filing procedures in case the division's electronic filing system is not operable.
(b) For the issuance of an electronic receipt to the person submitting the report indicating and verifying that the report has been filed.
History.--s. 19, ch. 2004-252.