- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2004 Florida Statutes
Homestead exemptions; duty of property appraiser.
196.141 Homestead exemptions; duty of property appraiser.--
(1) The property appraiser shall examine each claim for exemption filed with or referred to him or her and shall allow the same, if found to be in accordance with law, by marking the same approved and by making the proper deductions on the tax books.
(2) The property appraiser shall examine each referral, of a person registering to vote at an address different from the one where the person has filed for a homestead exemption, which has been provided by a supervisor of elections pursuant to s. 98.015 The property appraiser shall initiate procedures to terminate a person's homestead exemption and assess back taxes, if appropriate, if the person claiming such exemption is not entitled to the exemption under law.
History.--s. 6, ch. 17060, 1935; CGL 1936 Supp. 897(7); ss. 1, 2, ch. 69-55; s. 1, ch. 77-102; s. 6, ch. 79-332; s. 995, ch. 95-147; s. 38, ch. 98-129.
Note.--Former s. 192.17.