- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2004 Florida Statutes
Wrecker license plates.
320.0821 Wrecker license plates.--
(1) The department shall issue a wrecker license plate to the owner of any motor vehicle that is used to tow, carry, or otherwise transport motor vehicles and that is equipped for that purpose with a boom, winch, carrier, or other similar equipment, except a motor vehicle registered under the International Registration Plan, upon application and payment of the appropriate license tax and fees in accordance with s. 320.08(5)(d) or (e).
(2) A license plate issued under this section shall have the word "Wrecker" imprinted on the bottom of the plate in place of the county name.
(3) Any license plate issued under s. 320.08(5)(e) shall be in a distinctive color approved by the department.
(4) For any license plate issued under this section to any wrecker, when the combined gross vehicle weight of the wrecker and any towed vehicle or vehicles is 55,000 pounds or more, at the time of registration or renewal of registration, every owner or person in charge of such wrecker shall present proof of filing or proof of payment, as applicable, of the federal heavy vehicle use tax in accordance with s. 320.02(7).
History.--s. 6, ch. 97-58.