- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2004 Florida Statutes
Information about patients confidential.
400.494 Information about patients confidential.--
(1) Information about patients received by persons employed by, or providing services to, a home health agency or received by the licensing agency through reports or inspection shall be confidential and exempt from the provisions of s. 119.07(1) and shall not be disclosed to any person other than the patient without the written consent of that patient or the patient's guardian.
(2) This section does not apply to information lawfully requested by the Medicaid Fraud Control Unit of the Department of Legal Affairs.
History.--s. 48, ch. 75-233; s. 2, ch. 81-318; ss. 79, 83, ch. 83-181; s. 20, ch. 90-347; s. 23, ch. 93-214; s. 229, ch. 96-406; s. 4, ch. 2000-163.