2004 Florida Statutes
(1) "Certificate of limited partnership" means the certificate referred to in s. 620.108, or the certificate as amended or restated.
(2) "Contribution" means any cash, property, or services rendered, or a promissory note or other obligation to contribute cash or property or to perform services, which a partner contributes to a limited partnership in her or his capacity as a partner.
(3) "Event of withdrawal of a general partner" means an event that causes a person to cease to be a general partner as provided in s. 620.124
(4) "Foreign limited partnership" means a partnership formed by two or more persons under the laws of any state other than this state or of any other country, and having as partners one or more general partners and one or more limited partners.
(5) "General partner" means a person who has been admitted to a limited partnership as a general partner in accordance with the partnership agreement and is named in the certificate of limited partnership as a general partner.
(6) "Limited partner" means a person who has been admitted to a limited partnership as a limited partner in accordance with the partnership agreement.
(7) "Limited partnership" or "domestic limited partnership" means a partnership formed by two or more persons under the laws of this state and having one or more general partners and one or more limited partners.
(8) "Partner" means a limited or general partner.
(9) "Partnership agreement" means any valid agreement, written or oral, of the partners as to the affairs of a limited partnership and the conduct of its business.
(10) "Partnership interest" means a partner's share of the profits and losses of a limited partnership and the right to receive distributions of partnership assets.
(11) "Person" means a natural person, partnership, limited partnership (domestic or foreign), trust, estate, association, or corporation.
(12) "State" means a state, territory, or possession of the United States; the District of Columbia; or the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico.
History.--s. 2, ch. 86-263; s. 1, ch. 90-162; s. 116, ch. 97-102.