2004 Florida Statutes
Secretary of State as chief election officer.
(1) Obtain and maintain uniformity in the application, operation, and interpretation of the election laws.
(2) Provide uniform standards for the proper and equitable implementation of the registration laws.
(3) Actively seek out and collect the data and statistics necessary to knowledgeably scrutinize the effectiveness of election laws.
(4) Provide technical assistance to the supervisors of elections on voter education and election personnel training services.
(5) Provide technical assistance to the supervisors of elections on voting systems.
(6) Provide voter education assistance to the public.
(7) Coordinate the state's responsibilities under the National Voter Registration Act of 1993.
(8) Provide training to all affected state agencies on the necessary procedures for proper implementation of this chapter.
(9) Ensure that all registration applications and forms prescribed or approved by the department are in compliance with the Voting Rights Act of 1965.
(10) Coordinate with the United States Department of Defense so that armed forces recruitment offices administer voter registration in a manner consistent with the procedures set forth in this code for voter registration agencies.
(11) Create and maintain a statewide voter registration database.
(12) Maintain a voter fraud hotline and provide election fraud education to the public.
(13) Designate an office within the department to be responsible for providing information regarding voter registration procedures and absentee ballot procedures to absent uniformed services voters and overseas voters.
History.--s. 1, ch. 75-98; s. 21, ch. 84-302; s. 2, ch. 89-348; s. 1, ch. 90-315; s. 2, ch. 94-224; s. 1381, ch. 95-147; s. 34, ch. 97-13; s. 1, ch. 98-129; s. 1, ch. 2003-415.