- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2004 Florida Statutes
Special registration for electors requiring assistance.
97.061 Special registration for electors requiring assistance.--
(1) Any person who is eligible to register and who is unable to read or write or who, because of some disability, needs assistance in voting shall upon that person's request be registered by the supervisor under the procedure prescribed by this section and shall be entitled to receive assistance at the polls under the conditions prescribed by this section.
(2) If a person is qualified to register pursuant to this section, the supervisor shall note in that person's registration record that the person needs assistance in voting.
(3) Upon registering any person pursuant to this section, the supervisor must make a notation on the registration books or records which are delivered to the polls on election day that such person is eligible for assistance in voting, and the supervisor may issue such person a special registration identification card or make some notation on the regular registration identification card that such person is eligible for assistance in voting. Such person shall be entitled to receive the assistance of two election officials or some other person of his or her own choice, other than the person's employer, the agent of the person's employer, or an officer or agent of the person's union, without the necessity of executing the "Declaration to Secure Assistance" prescribed in s. 101.051 Such person shall notify the supervisor of any change in his or her condition which makes it unnecessary for him or her to receive assistance in voting.
History.--s. 14, ch. 6469, 1913; RGS 318; CGL 375; s. 3, ch. 25388, 1949; s. 6, ch. 25391, 1949; s. 1, ch. 26870, 1951; s. 3, ch. 28156, 1953; s. 1, ch. 59-446; s. 1, ch. 61-358; s. 4, ch. 65-60; s. 3, ch. 77-175; s. 1, ch. 79-366; s. 2, ch. 81-304; s. 1, ch. 84-302; s. 15, ch. 94-224; s. 1384, ch. 95-147.
Note.--Former ss. 97.06 and 102.21.