- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2005 Florida Statutes
Social security numbers used as student identification numbers.
1008.386 Social security numbers used as student identification numbers.--Each district school board shall request that each student enrolled in a public school in this state provide his or her social security number. Each school district shall use social security numbers as student identification numbers in the management information system maintained by the school district. However, a student is not required to provide his or her social security number as a condition for enrollment or graduation. A student satisfies this requirement by presenting to school enrollment officials his or her social security card or a copy of the card. The school district shall include the social security number in the student's permanent records and shall indicate if the student identification number is not a social security number. The Commissioner of Education shall provide assistance to school districts to assure that the assignment of student identification numbers other than social security numbers is kept to a minimum and to avoid duplication of any student identification number.
History.--s. 385, ch. 2002-387.