2007 Florida Statutes
Application for license; fee.
400.471 Application for license; fee.--
(1) Each applicant for licensure must comply with all provisions of this part and part II of chapter 408.
(2) In addition to the requirements of part II of chapter 408, the initial applicant must file with the application satisfactory proof that the home health agency is in compliance with this part and applicable rules, including:
(a) A listing of services to be provided, either directly by the applicant or through contractual arrangements with existing providers.
(b) The number and discipline of professional staff to be employed.
(c) Completion of questions concerning volume data on the renewal application as determined by rule.
(3) In addition to the requirements of s. 408.810, the home health agency must also obtain and maintain the following insurance coverage in an amount of not less than $250,000 per claim, and the home health agency must submit proof of coverage with an initial application for licensure and with each application for license renewal:
(a) Malpractice insurance as defined in s. 624.605(1)(k).
(b) Liability insurance as defined in s. 624.605(1)(b).
(4) The agency shall accept, in lieu of its own periodic licensure survey, submission of the survey of an accrediting organization that is recognized by the agency if the accreditation of the licensed home health agency is not provisional and if the licensed home health agency authorizes release of, and the agency receives the report of, the accrediting organization.
(5) In accordance with s. 408.805, an applicant or licensee shall pay a fee for each license application submitted under this part, part II of chapter 408, and applicable rules. The amount of the fee shall be established by rule and shall be set at an amount that is sufficient to cover the agency's costs in carrying out its responsibilities under this part, but not to exceed $2,000 per biennium. However, state, county, or municipal governments applying for licenses under this part are exempt from the payment of license fees.
(6) The agency may not issue a license designated as certified to a home health agency that fails to satisfy the requirements of a Medicare certification survey from the agency.
History.--s. 41, ch. 75-233; s. 7, ch. 77-400; s. 2, ch. 81-318; ss. 79, 83, ch. 83-181; s. 45, ch. 87-92; s. 4, ch. 90-319; ss. 4, 23, ch. 93-214; s. 30, ch. 97-100; ss. 48, 71, ch. 98-171; s. 127, ch. 99-8; s. 218, ch. 99-13; s. 3, ch. 99-332; s. 19, ch. 2000-153; s. 2, ch. 2000-256; ss. 3, 157, ch. 2000-318; s. 78, ch. 2000-349; s. 25, ch. 2001-53; s. 2, ch. 2001-67; s. 148, ch. 2001-277; s. 420, ch. 2003-261; s. 47, ch. 2004-267; s. 4, ch. 2005-243; s. 75, ch. 2007-230.