2007 Florida Statutes
641.402 Definitions.--As used in this part, the term:
(1) "Basic services" includes any of the following: emergency care, physician care other than hospital inpatient physician services, ambulatory diagnostic treatment, and preventive health care services.
(2) "Guaranteeing organization" means an organization that is domiciled in the United States; that has authorized service of process against it; and that has appointed the Chief Financial Officer as its agent for service of process in connection with any cause of action arising in this state, based upon any guarantee entered into under this part.
(3) "Insolvent" or "insolvency" means the inability of a prepaid health clinic to discharge its liabilities as they become due in the normal course of business.
(4) "Prepaid health clinic" means any organization authorized under this part which provides, either directly or through arrangements with other persons, basic services to persons enrolled with such organization, on a prepaid per capita or prepaid aggregate fixed-sum basis, including those basic services which subscribers might reasonably require to maintain good health. However, no clinic that provides or contracts for, either directly or indirectly, inpatient hospital services, hospital inpatient physician services, or indemnity against the cost of such services shall be a prepaid health clinic.
(5) "Prepaid health clinic contract" means any contract entered into by a prepaid health clinic with a subscriber or group of subscribers to provide any of the basic services in exchange for a prepaid per capita or prepaid aggregate fixed sum.
(6) "Provider" means any physician or person other than a hospital that furnishes health care services and is licensed or authorized to practice in this state.
(7) "Reporting period" means the particular span of time by or for which accounts are redeemed on an annualized basis.
(8) "Subscriber" means an individual who has contracted, or on whose behalf a contract has been entered into, with a prepaid health clinic for health care services.
(9) "Surplus" means total unencumbered assets in excess of total liabilities. Surplus includes capital stock, capital in excess of par, and retained earnings and may include surplus notes.
(10) "Surplus notes" means debt that has been guaranteed by the United States Government or its agencies or debt that has been subordinated to all claims of subscribers and general creditors of the prepaid health clinic.
History.--ss. 10, 11, ch. 84-313; ss. 187, 188, ch. 91-108; s. 4, ch. 91-429; s. 1599, ch. 2003-261.