- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2014 Florida Statutes
Findings and intent.
Findings and intent.
288.9622 Findings and intent.—
(1) The Legislature finds and declares that there is a need to increase the availability of seed capital and early stage venture equity capital for emerging companies in the state, including, without limitation, enterprises in life sciences, information technology, advanced manufacturing processes, aviation and aerospace, and homeland security and defense, as well as other strategic technologies.
(2) It is the intent of the Legislature that ss. 288.9621-288.9625 serve to mobilize private investment in a broad variety of venture capital partnerships in diversified industries and geographies; retain private sector investment criteria focused on rate of return; use the services of highly qualified managers in the venture capital industry regardless of location; facilitate the organization of the Florida Opportunity Fund as an investor in seed and early stage businesses, infrastructure projects, venture capital funds, and angel funds; and precipitate capital investment and extensions of credit to and in the Florida Opportunity Fund.
(3) It is the intent of the Legislature to mobilize venture equity capital for investment in such a manner as to result in a significant potential to create new businesses and jobs in this state that are based on high growth potential technologies, products, or services and that will further diversify the economy of this state.
(4) It is the intent of the Legislature that an institute be created to mentor, market, and attract capital to such commercialization ventures throughout the state.
History.—s. 1, ch. 2007-189; s. 25, ch. 2009-51.