2018 Florida Statutes
Duties of division.
Duties of division.
258.004 Duties of division.—
(1) It shall be the duty of the Division of Recreation and Parks of the Department of Environmental Protection to supervise, administer, regulate, and control the operation of all public parks, including all monuments, memorials, sites of historic interest and value, sites of archaeological interest and value owned, or which may be acquired, by the state, or to the operation, development, preservation, and maintenance of which the state may have made or may make contribution or appropriation of public funds.
(2) The Division of Recreation and Parks shall preserve, manage, regulate, and protect all parks and recreational areas held by the state and may provide these services by contract or interagency agreement for any water management district when the governing board of a water management district designates or sets aside any park or recreation area within its boundaries.
(3) The Division of Recreation and Parks shall study and appraise the recreation needs of the state and assemble and disseminate information relative to recreation.
(4) The Division of Recreation and Parks shall provide consultation assistance to local governing units as to the protection, organization, and administration of local recreation systems and the planning and design of local recreation areas and facilities.
(5) The Division of Recreation and Parks shall assist in recruiting, training, and placing recreation personnel.
(6) The Division of Recreation and Parks shall sponsor and promote recreation institutes, workshops, seminars, and conferences throughout the state.
(7) The Division of Recreation and Parks shall cooperate with state and federal agencies, private organizations, and commercial and industrial interests in the promotion of a state recreation program.
History.—s. 6, ch. 25353, 1949; ss. 25, 35, ch. 69-106; s. 254, ch. 71-377; s. 14, ch. 75-22; s. 91, ch. 94-356; s. 2, ch. 2010-178; s. 118, ch. 2011-142.
Note.—Former s. 592.06.