2018 Florida Statutes
958.03 Definitions.—As used in this act:
(1) “Department” means the Department of Corrections.
(2) “Community control program” means a form of intensive supervised custody in the community, including surveillance on weekends and holidays, administered by officers with restricted caseloads. Community control is an individualized program in which the freedom of the offender is restricted within the community, home, or noninstitutional residential placement and specific sanctions are imposed and enforced.
(3) “Court” means a judge or successor who designates a defendant as a youthful offender.
(4) “Probation” means a form of community supervision requiring specified contacts with parole and probation officers and other terms and conditions as provided in s. 948.03.
(5) “Youthful offender” means any person who is sentenced as such by the court or is classified as such by the department pursuant to s. 958.04.
History.—s. 3, ch. 78-84; s. 119, ch. 79-3; s. 19, ch. 85-288; s. 98, ch. 94-209.