- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2021 Florida Statutes (Including 2021B Session)
Resources and information.
Resources and information.
984.071 Resources and information.—
(1) The Department of Juvenile Justice, in collaboration with the Department of Children and Families and the Department of Education, shall develop and publish an information packet that explains the current process under this chapter for obtaining assistance for a child in need of services or a family in need of services and the community services and resources available to parents of troubled or runaway children. In preparing the information packet, the Department of Juvenile Justice shall work with school district superintendents, juvenile court judges, county sheriffs, and other local law enforcement officials in order to ensure that the information packet lists services and resources that are currently available within the county in which the packet is distributed. Each information packet shall be annually updated. The school district shall distribute this information packet to parents of truant children and to other parents upon request or as deemed appropriate by the school district. In addition, the Department of Juvenile Justice shall distribute the information packet to state and local law enforcement agencies. Any law enforcement officer who has contact with the parent of a child who is locked out of the home or who runs away from home shall make the information available to the parent.
(2) The department, in collaboration with organizations that provide expertise, training, and advocacy in the areas of family and domestic violence, shall develop and maintain updated information and materials describing resources and services available to parents and legal custodians who are victims of domestic violence committed by children or who fear that they will become victims of such acts and to children who have committed acts of domestic violence or who demonstrate behaviors that may escalate into domestic violence. Such resources and services shall include, but are not limited to, those available under this chapter, domestic violence services available under chapter 39, and juvenile justice services available pursuant to chapter 985, including prevention, diversion, detention, and alternative placements. The materials shall describe how parents and legal custodians may access the resources and services in their local area. The department shall post this information on its website and make the materials available to certified domestic violence centers, other organizations serving victims of domestic violence, clerks of court, law enforcement agencies, and other appropriate organizations for distribution to the public.
History.—s. 17, ch. 97-281; s. 67, ch. 98-280; s. 334, ch. 2014-19; s. 1, ch. 2017-123.