Senator Geraldine F. "Geri" Thompson
- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs, Vice Chair
- Appropriations Committee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development
- Banking and Insurance
- Fiscal Policy
- Select Committee on Resiliency
- Joint Committee on Public Counsel Oversight
Introduced in 2024
No bills introduced.
Co-Introduced in 2024
No bills co-introduced.
No Media for this Senator
Personal & Career
- Elected to the Senate 2022, prior Senate 2012-2016
- House of Representatives 2006-2012, 2018-2022
Other Public Service
- Member and former Chair of the Florida Commission on Human Relations
Honors and Awards
- League of Women Voters Champion for Democracy
- Democratic Women's Club Legislator of the Year
- Alpha Phi Alpha Drum Major for Justice Award
- Urban League Lifetime Achievement Award
- City of Orlando Inductee to Civil Rights Wall of Fame
- Orlando Human Relations Civil Rights Award
- Trailblazer's Awardee
- Florida Black Caucus of State Legislators
- National Black Caucus of State Legislators
- The Links, Inc.
- Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc.
- The Association to Preserve African American Society, History and Tradition, Inc.
- Orlando Children's Trust
|Occupation:||Retired College Administrator, Museum Founder|
|Spouse:||Emerson R. Thompson, Jr. of Windermere, FL|
|Children:||Laurise, Emerson, Elizabeth|
|Grandchildren:||Jasmyne, Imani, Kiara, Symone, Jacqueline, Julia|
|Born:||in New Orleans, Louisiana. Moved to Florida in 1955.|
|Historical:||Emerson R. Thompson, Jr., husband, served as County Judge, Circuit Court Judge, and Appellate Judge|
|Recreation:||Published author, writer, and world traveler|