2004 Florida Statutes
(1) "Department" means the Department of Management Services.
(2) "Secretary" means the Secretary of Management Services.
(3) "Furlough" means a temporary reduction in the regular hours of employment in a pay period, or temporary leave without pay for one or more pay periods, with a commensurate reduction in pay, necessitated by a projected deficit in any fund that supports salary and benefit appropriations. The deficit must be projected by the Revenue Estimating Conference pursuant to s. 216.136(3).
(4) "State agency" or "agency" means any official, officer, commission, board, authority, council, committee, or department of the executive branch or the judicial branch of state government as defined in chapter 216.
(5) "Position" means the work, consisting of duties and responsibilities, assigned to be performed by an officer or employee.
(6) "Full-time position" means a position authorized for the entire normally established work period, daily, weekly, monthly, or annually.
(7) "Part-time position" means a position authorized for less than the entire normally established work period, daily, weekly, monthly, or annually.
(8) "Occupation" means all positions which are sufficiently similar in knowledge, skills, and abilities, and sufficiently similar as to kind or subject matter of work.
(9) "Occupational group" means a group of occupations which are sufficiently similar in kind of work performed to warrant the use of the same performance factors in determining the level of complexity for all occupations in that occupational group.
(10) "Classification plan" means a formal description of the concepts, rules, job family definitions, occupational group characteristics, and occupational profiles used in the classification of positions.
(11) "Pay plan" means a formal description of the philosophy, methods, procedures, and salary schedules for competitively compensating employees at market-based rates for work performed.
(12) "Salary schedule" means an official document which contains a complete list of occupation titles, broadband level codes, and pay bands.
(13) "Authorized position" means a position included in an approved budget. In counting the number of authorized positions, part-time positions may be converted to full-time equivalents.
(14) "Established position" means an authorized position which has been classified in accordance with a classification and pay plan as provided by law.
(15) "Position number" means the identification number assigned to an established position.
(16) "Reclassification" means changing an established position in one broadband level in an occupational group to a higher or lower broadband level in the same occupational group or to a broadband level in a different occupational group.
(17) "Promotion" means changing the classification of an employee to a broadband level having a higher maximum salary; or the changing of the classification of an employee to a broadband level having the same or a lower maximum salary but a higher level of responsibility.
(18) "Demotion" means changing the classification of an employee to a broadband level having a lower maximum salary; or the changing of the classification of an employee to a broadband level having the same or a higher maximum salary but a lower level of responsibility.
(19) "Transfer" means moving an employee from one geographic location of the state to a different geographic location in excess of 50 miles from the employee's current work location.
(20) "Reassignment" means moving an employee from a position in one broadband level to a different position in the same broadband level or to a different broadband level having the same maximum salary.
(21) "Dismissal" means a disciplinary action taken by an agency pursuant to s. 110.227 against an employee resulting in termination of his or her employment.
(22) "Suspension" means a disciplinary action taken by an agency pursuant to s. 110.227 against an employee to temporarily relieve the employee of his or her duties and place him or her on leave without pay.
(23) "Layoff" means termination of employment due to a shortage of funds or work, or a material change in the duties or organization of an agency, including the outsourcing or privatization of an activity or function previously performed by career service employees.
(24) "Employing agency" means any agency authorized to employ personnel to carry out the responsibilities of the agency under the provisions of chapter 20 or other statutory authority.
(25) "Shared employment" means part-time career employment whereby the duties and responsibilities of a full-time position in the career service are divided among part-time employees who are eligible for the position and who receive career service benefits and wages pro rata. In no case shall "shared employment" include the employment of persons paid from other-personal-services funds.
(26) "Firefighter" means a firefighter certified under chapter 633.
(27) "Law enforcement or correctional officer" means a law enforcement officer, special agent, correctional officer, correctional probation officer, or institutional security specialist required to be certified under chapter 943.
(28) "Professional health care provider" means registered nurses, physician's assistants, dentists, psychologists, nutritionists or dietitians, pharmacists, psychological specialists, physical therapists, and speech and hearing therapists.
(29) "Job family" means a defined grouping of one or more occupational groups.
(30) "Pay band" means the minimum salary, the maximum salary, and intermediate rates which are payable for work in a specific broadband level.
(31) "Broadband level" means all positions which are sufficiently similar in knowledge, skills, and abilities, and sufficiently similar as to kind or subject matter of work, level of difficulty or responsibilities, and qualification requirements of the work to warrant the same treatment as to title, pay band, and other personnel transactions.
History.--s. 20, ch. 79-190; s. 4, ch. 91-431; s. 10, ch. 92-279; s. 55, ch. 92-326; s. 3, ch. 2003-138.