2004 Florida Statutes
Disability assistance program.
(1) Provide rehabilitation services to persons who have limiting disabilities. Prior to providing these services, the division shall determine if the services are provided by any other agency and if so shall coordinate the rehabilitation services through such agency.
(2) Establish and maintain a toll-free telephone service during workdays between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. to respond to persons in this state who request information pertaining to rehabilitation services and related services and to provide referral services to such persons.
(3) Maintain a coordinated referral and followup system to enable it to determine whether services were provided by an agency and if so the kind of services provided.
(4) Analyze the information collected through its referral and followup system and report the results of the analysis, including in such analysis a needs assessment for persons who have limiting disabilities, to the Governor, the President of the Senate, and the Speaker of the House of Representatives annually on or before November 1.
(5) Establish an educational and informational program to inform the public and other agencies of its referral procedures and the kinds of services available and to publicize its toll-free telephone service.
(6) Adopt rules to implement the objectives of the limiting disabilities program.
History.--s. 14, ch. 90-330; s. 42, ch. 94-324.