- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2005 Florida Statutes
Manner of proving financial responsibility.
324.031 Manner of proving financial responsibility.--The owner or operator of a taxicab, limousine, jitney, or any other for-hire passenger transportation vehicle may prove financial responsibility by providing satisfactory evidence of holding a motor vehicle liability policy as defined in s. 324.021(8) or s. 324.151, which policy is issued by an insurance carrier which is a member of the Florida Insurance Guaranty Association. The operator or owner of any other vehicle may prove his or her financial responsibility by:
(1) Furnishing satisfactory evidence of holding a motor vehicle liability policy as defined in ss. 324.021(8) and 324.151;
(2) Posting with the department a satisfactory bond of a surety company authorized to do business in this state, conditioned for payment of the amount specified in s. 324.021(7);
(3) Furnishing a certificate of the department showing a deposit of cash or securities in accordance with s. 324.161; or
(4) Furnishing a certificate of self-insurance issued by the department in accordance with s. 324.171
Any person, including any firm, partnership, association, corporation, or other person, other than a natural person, electing to use the method of proof specified in subsection (2) or subsection (3) shall post a bond or deposit equal to the number of vehicles owned times $30,000, to a maximum of $120,000; in addition, any such person, other than a natural person, shall maintain insurance providing coverage in excess of limits of $10,000/20,000/10,000 or $30,000 combined single limits, and such excess insurance shall provide minimum limits of $125,000/250,000/50,000 or $300,000 combined single limits. These increased limits shall not affect the requirements for proving financial responsibility under s. 324.032(1).
History.--s. 1, ch. 29963, 1955; ss. 13, 35, ch. 69-106; s. 3, ch. 85-320; s. 12, ch. 87-225; s. 1, ch. 92-29; s. 89, ch. 94-306; s. 945, ch. 95-148; s. 3, ch. 2002-282.
Note.--Former s. 324.02.